One minute on the lips....

One minute on the lips....

Monday, January 24, 2011

TIPS TO START

Starting soemthing like this is never easy when you just cut it all off in one go.
I suggest you do it though .... as cold turkey as possible.... as having the additional
"none neccessary" food items in your diet will only prolong the cravings essentially not get down to the route of what is causing the 'problems' in the first place.

What problems?? fatigue, NEED for caffeine, depression, constipation, re -occuring colds/allergies/flu like symptoms, dark shadows under the eyes or in the corners of the eyes, insomnia... thats what i can think of right now.

TIPS:

Go agave.... remove sugar and sugar substitutes!!!!! Its chemicals!!!! If you read about the agave sweetener you will see it doesn't effect the glycimic index half as much as any other form of sugar. Including the natural sugars that we get from fruit. (but we eat fruit here... lots of it!)

To get yourself off the morning cup of coffee (or 7) depending on the person.... start with BLACK tea. It has caffeine in it. So you will get the boost you need. It will help train your mind and body to get off the creamy sugary coffee and the 'fix'. They survived centuries ago with out red bull, energy drinks and whatever poison we subject ourselves to. So we can surely do it now. I'm not saying this as if its easy... trust me! I LOVE my poison drinks! Energy tablets and millions of diet soda drinks and coffee all sugary and sweet.... But I am officially off the goods :-).

Don't think about the preparation as such a 'big deal'. Its no more time than ordering some crappy take out or sitting in the store trying to find something suitable. Just do it! prepare the night before. It takes no time to put the stuff on the stove or in the oven and thats the bulk of the work. I make extras and eat it the next day or later in that day.

Ok... that's enough tips for now.... give feed back ask questions.

2 comments:

  1. Feedback..I just threw out my coffee and decided to make a cup of black tea instead...only thing is black tea reminds of when I was a kid and my gran used to make us drink Castor Oil - THEEE WORST thing to swallow!! Eghhhhhh..

    let's try this black tea thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would imagine for most this is a great way to get healthy and fit (fit includes exercise combined with healthy eating). Curious what you think of endurance athletes and their needs before, during, and after their activities such as swimming, biking, and running. I find that while a banana works great on a bike ride there's only so many you can carry or eat. I find myself eating the gels for the carbs (read sugar here) to keep my muscles fueled. Also the occasional power bar. Don't want to bonk on the bike or run. So the question is do you feel you can get the energy you need to participate in endurance sports with the eating habits your sharing?

    ReplyDelete